When should persons conducting a business or undertaking provide personal protective equipment?

If personal protective equipment (PPE) is required, the person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) who is directing the work must provide PPE to workers at the workplace, unless it has been provided by another PCBU. This will usually be the person’s employer but could also be, for example, a main contractor at the workplace.

It is an offence for a PCBU to charge or levy a worker for PPE, or cause a worker to be charged. Workplace relations laws also prohibit deductions from employee’s wages for work-related items such as PPE.

Previous:What standard of Personal Protective Equipment is required?

Next:When can Personal Protective Equipment be used?